Friday, August 29, 2008

First Impressions


Canadian Embassy Across the StreetNext Door NGO



Hello all! I am writing to you today from my temporary home in Washington, DC. I must say it has been a bit overwhelming. I started out the journey with a cold; complete with a soar throat and faucet for a nose. As far as air travel goes, I was that guy on the flight nobody wants to sit by- the reason a school teacher created Airborne. After a miserable 5 hour red eye flight from LAX to Dulles, I found my way to the Supershuttle and arrived at the University of California Washington Center.
The location of the apartment is ideal. It is located across the street from the Canadian and Australian Embassies and next door to a few hotels an the HQ of the Human Rights Campaign. The "hip" DuPont circle is a few blocks away and the White House is an easy 5 minute walk

No comments: